OUR ONLINE GIFT SHOP IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE. VISIT US IN-PERSON DAILY OR CALL US WITH ORDERS AT #608-588-7900 EXT. 239.
CONTINUING A LEGACY
Making history continuously relevant transcends beyond merely preserving a culturally significant space. Taliesin Preservation’s staff, volunteers, board of directors and donors work tirelessly in tangent to ensure the estate remains a haven for artistic and innovative thinkers, while also attracting hundreds of new visitors annually. Curious how this is has been accomplished in recent years? Here’s an abbreviated list of programming and conservation initiatives which have launched and/or been completed since 2016.
Estate Preservation Projects
– Living Room pier restoration
– Welsh Hills Trail creation
– Phoebe’s Point restoration
– Farm Dinners
– Food Artisan Immersion Program (of which there have been 15 graduates to date)
– Plein Air Festival
– UW Madison School of Human Ecology
– Wyoming Valley Cultural Arts Center
– Ice Age Trail Alliance
– Forward Theater
– Wisconsin Council for the Visually Impaired and the Blind
National and Global Recognition
– 2018: Governor’s Conference on Tourism for Arts, Culture and Heritage
– 2019: Designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
– 2019: National Trust for Historic Preservation Award for Historic Site Stewardship
For more information on how you can support our ongoing mission and future endeavors, visit taliesinpreservation.org/donate.
Continuing a Legacy, 2019